English Porcelain coffee can, ‘Love’s Altar’, Wolfe & Co ‘Z’ c. 1810
English Porcelain coffee can, bat-printed with ‘Love’s Altar’, a standing maiden before an altar with two doves, cupids bow, a classical urn to one side.
Unmarked, attributes to ‘Facotry X’, now known to be Thomas Wolfe & Co
Factory Z was the name given in the late 20th century to a series of teawares made by a distinct factory. Research in the early 21st has identified it as the work of Thomas Wolfe & Co. Originating in Liverpool 1792-1818, he was operating in Stoke-on-Trent by the late 1790’s, and died there in 1818.