Welcome to our Fresh Stock Directory.
Everyone’s looking for something different – so we have divided it up into areas of interest: choose a ‘Gallery’ below to browse the latest items of that type to be uploaded.
Latest Fresh Stock Release Blogs
- Fresh StockA superb selection of fascinating items this week – from a prime collection of Tribal Art & Artifacts, to some English Porcelain & Prints, there’s a lot to see!
- Tribal FocusAn exotic collection of ‘Tribal’ has just been launched on Moorabool.com – from Australian Aboriginal, to our closest neighbour, Papua New Guinea, and far beyond to the Pacific nations and African cultures, there’s quite a number of interesting ‘tribal’ items to browse. Tribal art is important, as while the West became more sophisticated, it remained the same – simple forms, … Read more
- Fresh Stock – Australian Art, Cast Iron, Royalty, and Elephants!Welcome to our latest Fresh Stock release. There’s some superb items this week, from the quirky 1852 ‘Dog’ umbrella stand below, to a herd of ebony elephants, with some remarkable Australian Art with fresh research to enjoy. Royalty Prints A selection of rare 17th century prints illustrating the ladies of the Royal Families of Europe. Of particular note: Christiane Eberhardine, … Read more
- The ‘Eden Holme’ clippership, last of her kind….A fascinating story has emerged from an interesting naive ship painting at Moorabool Antiques, Geelong. It’s a clippership, with the distinct black & white painted mock-gun hatches painted down the side, as was the style. There’s a clear inscription – in two places – identifying it as the ‘Eden Holme’. So what is the story of this interesting ship? The … Read more
- Fresh…. Marine Art, Australiana, and more!Ahoy! we have a Nautical Special for your browsing, with Ships in art, models, and other fascinating Maritime items. There’s also a selection of ceramics & other items….. enjoy!
- A Krakatoa CurioThis curious oil painting (on a sheet of milk-glass) has been sitting in the Moorabool ‘archives’ for a generation, a puzzle. It’s apparently night-time with a full moon, depicting shipping of the late 19th century, and a distinctive massive rocky protrusion. What on earth does this depict? A little brain-storming and searching the internet comes to an interesting conclusion: this … Read more
- Fresh Stock – Furniture, Metalwork, Australiana, and more!Welcome to the latest Fresh Stock on Moorabool.com. This week there’s a good selection to browse, from a ‘Madam Vestris’ figure to a French Chandelier. Australiana Our ‘Australian’ additions include some more interesting artworks, some silver, and other interesting items with an Australian connection. Brass & Bronze Brass and Bronze are basically the same thing; alloys of other metals, including … Read more
- Fresh 18th century Porcelain, Venetian Glass, Australian Art + moreWe’re pleased to offer a fine selection of fresh-to-the-market items today, including a stunning micro-carved ivory plaque, an 18th c. enamel egg, and some local watercolours by Arnold Jarvis. Micro-Carving – a miniature masterpiece This beautiful little piece is no bigger than the bottom of your tea-cup – and yet the detail is as good as a large sculpture. Set … Read more
- Fresh Stock – ‘Drama’ – and Flowers….There’s a lot of Drama in today’s ‘Fresh Stock’….. we have a Theatrical special for you! There’s also a NEW ‘Curated Collection’ dedicated to items relating to Literature and The Stage. You’ll find all the usual suspects – Shakespeare, Burns, Dickens – plus some other fascinating aspects of what we now call ‘pop culture’. You’ll also find a selection of … Read more
- Fresh Stock – Ceramics, Art, and…. Batons!It’s an eclectic mix today, with a fine selection of diverse items to browse. There’s some fascinating ‘Local Music History’ items, in particular conductor’s batons. The first is a presentation piece, made in Melbourne and still in its original box, with a lengthy inscription explaining its significance: given to Professor Hardeman in 1897 by the Richmond Amateur Orchestra. This opens … Read more